Resources to plan your trip
If you or your guests will be traveling to Pullman for Commencement ceremonies, the following information may help you plan your trip.
Explore how to get to Pullman and where to stay once you arrive.
Find out how to get around Pullman once you arrive.
The following suggestions may help loved ones from outside the U.S. as they apply for a B-2 visitor’s visa at a U.S. consulate or embassy in their home country.
Be advised that travel restrictions may apply during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Write a letter of invitation on your visitors’ behalf
Include the following information:
- Purpose of the visit (ex. visit Pullman, Washington for WSU graduation)
- Your relationship to the individuals visiting. Include their full name and date of birth (ex. my father, FIRSTNAME, MIDDLENAME, LASTNAME, Date of birth: January 01, 1970)
- Statement of your status here
- Itinerary detailing travel plans, the length of time they will be visiting, and including the places you will visit.
- Emphasize the temporary nature of the invitation and demonstrate your visitors’ intention to return to their home country following the visit.
- If you will provide financial support while your visitors are here, include that information as well.
- Include an Upon Completion Letter approved by the Office of the Registrar or The Graduate School.
- If you are an International student yourself, you can find the B-2 Visitor Visa Invitation Letter in myPassport.wsu.edu or you can contact International Student and Scholar Services at email@example.com or 509-335-4508
- Provide details of the Commencement ceremony.
U.S. consulate/embassy locations and application procedures
Review U.S. Department of State visa information.
Providing your family members with this documentation may improve their chances of obtaining a visa; however, there is no guarantee a visa will be issued. The success of their request for a visa lies in their ability to prove that they have no intention of staying permanently in the U.S. Each application is reviewed independently and supporting documents must come from you as the host.